Sunday 25 May 2014

Finally a finish!!!


Woo hoo - it's been a very long time in the making, but finally here is my plus quilt made with Winters Lane fabric from Moda.




At last I can get on with another project which is just as well as I went to the quilt show at Malvern last weekend and bought lots of lovely new fabric and patterns.......



I had hoped to start the camper van cushion today but didn't have double sided fusible and the local shop that is open on Sundays didn't have any either :( 


It would have been rude to come out of the shop empty handed don't you think? So I found these FQs and a metre of white muslin.



As I had ironed the fabric for the cushion I didn't want to start anything else do have been browsing the www for sewing ideas - my head is now buzzing with things I would like to make! 

I have been in a bit of a quandry since last weekend, I had a play on a Juki TL98P as I struggle quilting large projects on my Bernina. I love love love my Bernina but it is just not big enough to get a large quilt through without wrestling with it at some points. The Juki has a lot larger throat space, which would make life easier and may encourage me to get on and quilt the other 4 or 5 tops I have folded up in the corner!! I really would have to get my sewing room sorted then as I could totally take over the dining table could I? 

Enjoy the rest of your bank holiday weekend - whatever you are up to. 

1 comment:

Marion said...

I so admire anyone who can sew. I can just about sew on a button!! Beautiful quilt.