Sunday 7 September 2008

Charlie building snowman - PTW challenge

Here is 'Charlie building snowman', the other Whiff of Joy stamp I bought recently. I have used it to make my card for this weeks challenge over at Paper Take Weekly, which is a sketch by Katharina, the owner of 'Whiff of Joy' Why not take a look right now here, there were some new releases last week but you'd better hurry as they don't stay on the shelves very long!
I have coloured the image with watercolour pencils and used a black gelly roll pen to colour the top hat, eyes, mouth and buttons. I used Snow Writer on Charlie's hat and various areas on the snowman to give some depth and gave it a light dusting with Glamour Dust. Image mounted onto mirri card, just can't resist a bit of sparkle and shine for Christmas cards. Background paper is from Dovecraft, silver layer embossed with Cuttlebug Snowflakes and card finished off with white organza ribbon. I have left a border at the top and bottom to add appropriate names when later on in the year. I am doing quite well with my Christmas cards this year, I am usually making Xmas cards up to the last minute, so hoping to be a bit more organised this year ROFL!!!







5 comments:

de said...

Love it! I need to start thinking about my Christmas cards!!!

Mrs Mayne said...

Great card! Love the stamp and your embossed snowflakes! Thanks for joining us for the challenge! x

Rach said...

Hi Sam,
love your card, great touch with all the glitter, I like your embossing to..nice touch. hugs rachxx

Karen Brooks said...

This card is absolutely awesome!!! Sorry I've neglected my visits - we are settled in now and I will hopefully be back to normal in the next week or so!!!

Heather said...

Hi Sam,
Life has been a little hectic lately, feet haven't been touching. Hopefully thing are now slowing down a little and am finding time to do some visits. You've been doing some great work.
I love this image and it's so brilliantly done.
Hugs Heather xx