Saturday 25 January 2014

First sewing of 2014

It's 'goddess' day today, (when I am supposed to be a domestic goddess and get all my chores done) and what a lovely day it's been!

I had breakfast with Mum and a friend, a browse round 'The Works' in town while we waited for the battery to be replaced in a watch, and stumbled across a couple of lovely quilting books, right bargains at £2.99 each - it would have been rude to have left them on the shelf!

We spent the afternoon sewing, I reacquainted myself with my sewing machine, as I haven't managed any sewing since before Christmas while Mum was sewing hexagons. I even managed a finish......

I started I this pillow in early December, it was going to be a Christmas present - guess I will just have to keep it for myself now! I stumbled across the pattern somewhere in blogland but can't remember whereabouts now so if this is your design please get in touch with me so I can link up to your post.

We ended up with fish and chips for tea, which DH went to get, as I continued my sewing mission. I initially cut the pieces in September, sewed them into strips and they have been draped over the radiator ever since! I have now sewn half of them together and hope to get the rest of the them added tomorrow once I return from helping our daughter paint her living room. 

I hope to get the top completed this weekend as I really must complete some projects before I start some of the ones in my lovely new books.

Linking up to Finish it up Friday at
http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.co.uk
Enjoy your weekend xx

2 comments:

Claire said...

What a great cushion - love the design. Hugs, Claire x

Jasmine said...

What a fun pillow. I want to make a whole set sometime.