Sunday 3 August 2008

Teenage girl birthday cards



August is a busy birthday month for me. Its my DH, MIL, BIL, SIL, oldest son and friends children's birthdays. When I was pregnant with Nick, 3 of my friends were due round about the same time, they all had their babies at the end of July/beg of August, while I had to wait until 21 August!! Here are the cards I have made for the two girls born then. I had great fun using my Hanna stamps that I bought at Newbury, I think these are going to get a lot of use!! I paper pieced the dress with bits from my odds and ends box (think I will paper piece the shopping bags next time) and watercoloured the rest of the image. I'm not sure about stamping the background card, but it looked a bit plain unstamped, so will experiment with this. The scalloped mount is from the Accent Essentials cartridge, I was chuffed to find this as I love the shapes obtained using the Nesties but was reluctant to buy them, as am trying to convert all my die cutting to Cricut cartridges, although I still use my Sizzix machine all the time for the cuttlebug embossing folders.

1 comment:

Lainy's Little Blog said...

These are lovely. I love the stamped background. Very stylish and original