Monday 9 March 2009

Lots of celebrations

I had lots of cards to make last week, 5 birthdays and 1 anniversary card. I start out with the best intentions to post more regularly but yet again its gone by the wayside - here are some of the cards I made last week - forgot to photograph a couple of them.



This is the card I made for my sister's birthday last Monday. I saw the design in the March issue of Making Cards, I really like it, as its just a bit different, I've used it for several cards already. I intended to make the card in pink and brown, so I could use it for a challenge but ended up with pink and black when I found these black dotty blooms in my stash.



It was my MIL & FIL's 54th wedding anniversary on Thursday. I had to dust of my cricut and cuttlebug embossing folders for this one! Hearts cut from George & Basic Shapes cartridge and Swiss Dots embossing folder. The cardstock is pearlescent and has a lovely gold tinge to it, not very clear in the photo.





One of my friends has a double celebration in her house on Friday, her son's 18th and husband's 50th! What a day! Ian & Ellie (her son & my daughter) used to go to the same child minder when they were babies and we have kept in touch since then. Good old Cricut came in useful again for cutting out the numbers (George & Basic Shapes). Cheers to you stamp set was used to stamp the base card with Versamark ink pad. I put a couple of photos in Ian's card of a great day out we had when they were about 3. I had a lovely time browsing through photos of when they were babies! I really need to start scrapbooking, I have so many photos in packets!






2 comments:

Tasha said...

Wow you have been busy all these cards are fantastic
love tasha xx

Riet said...

woww Sa,what a gorgeous cards.

hugs Riet.x