Thursday 29 May 2008

Fireman George



I've managed to snatch a few hours crafting today....

Here is the card I've made for the Dottie's World recipe challenge this week, which is :-
  • 1 or more Charmed Downloads
  • 1 brad
  • Ribbon
  • Hand doodling/writing
  • Dry embossing or crimping (CB embossing folders etc..)

The image is from the George at Work download available from Charmed Cards & Crafts. I have mounted the image on yellow and orange mulberry paper to represent flames, the red card has been embossed with cuttlebug distressed stripes. I finished off the hose with a piece of ribbon, put a brad on the opening of the hose. Doodling around the edge of image and circular handwritten greeting. I am still not entirely happy with the white space on the top of the card, but couldn't find anything that I thought looked right.

I have just discovered the Secret Crafter forum and blog. They have a challenge each month and this month's is 'With the next big event being Fathers Day I thought it would be a good idea to make MENS CARDS the theme for Mays challenge.' so my George card is suitable for this challenge also.

2 comments:

Louly said...

I LOVE it! This really is a fabulous card Sammee. I love how you've used ribbon for the hose, and the sentiment is perfect!
I don't think the white space is a problem at all. The round sentiment balances out the card just fine.

Sammi said...

Oooh... it's GREAT!! White space is good sometime - in this case = YES!

Verv clever!!

Sammi