Thursday 29 May 2008

Happy Birthday Charlotte

Had a great day today, blog hopping, online shopping, made a few cards..... how much better can it get, the sun was even out for a few hours!!! Can't wait for the postman tomorrow, hopefully some of my goodies will arrive. I did buy some downloads so I didn't have to wait to play with new 'toys'.

Here is the card I made for my niece with one of the downloads from Pink Petticoat, they have brilliant designs, so good I had to buy 2 downloads.... I got this set and Ella, who will no doubt be appearing on a card here shortly! I coloured the image with Marvys and sakura pens, then glittered with glamour dust. Tied ribbon around the card with image and mounted on pink/lilac hand made paper. Lilac paper from DCVW, pocket full of posies stack, (really lurve those papers at the moment, just hate having to cut them up!) Tag and Happy Birthday greeting cut with Cricut machine, George & Basic Shapes + Beyond Birthdays cartridges. Peel off Niece and numbers added to finish.

Here is the card I made for my children to send to their cousin, who is 11 tomorrow. I used a download, from the Dottie at Home collection (Charmed Cards & Crafts/Louise Brigden). I cut and embossed the bath and towel. Image coloured with marvys and watercolour brush. I highlighted the bubbles with stickles and the duck with glossy accents. I mounted the image on an old CD which I had embossed with holographic embossing powder, and mounted that on turquoise card embossed with cuttlebug tiny bubbles folder. Base card from Paper Mill, brown on the outside, turquoise on the inside.

1 comment:

Louly said...

Wow wow wow!!!!! I love both cards! I especially love Dottie (of course!) What a great Idea to use a CD! It looks like a big bubble!