Sunday 19 October 2008

At last, another challenge and some beading

Where did that week go? My feet didn't touch the ground and so didn't get much crafting done, but what I did manage went wrong!!



Here is my entry for the challenge this week on PTW which is based on one of Katharina's fab sketches, I just love working with these! Thought I would use the opportunity to make another Christmas card, seeing as its only 10 weeks away, so I'm told!
Image is from Funstamps, coloured with Sakura Jelly Roll pens, I found my silver glittery one -yaaay I am sooo happy. BP, text embellishment and brads from Dovecraft, rest from stash. Just couldn't resist adding the crystal effect tinsel around the top - well got to start getting in the Christmas spirit LOL...



I did manage to fit in a bit of beading this week, above is an Xmas bauble I beading recently, going to make some more of these, but have a play with the pattern. I had nearly finished a necklace a friend ordered, just finishing the last row when the thread in the core row must have snapped! Ever feel that someone's got it in for you? I was very good and didn't lose my temper but spent the next hour cutting it up and sorting out the different coloured beads GRRRRR!!!! Must make a start on the replacement!

I finished knitting a waistcoat recently, I'd couldn't decide what size to knit but opted for the medium. Since starting it tho, I have been to WW and lost 2 stone so should have gone for the small. When I tried it on my daughter commented that it made me look like I had put my weight back on - needless to say it has been unpicked and I need to start that again also!

Here's hoping for a better week!






5 comments:

Enfys said...

Your card is lovely Sam, and I am totally blown away by your bauble. You clever, clever girlie! It's stunning x

Mrs Mayne said...

These are great! Thanks for joining us for the challenge! x

Rach said...

beautiful creations sam. love them. hugs rachxx

Bev said...

Fabby card Sam, love the snowman but your bauble is AMAZING!! Love it

hugs Bev x

Heather said...

Gorgeous card, I love blue Christmas cards.
That bauble is amazing - it must have taken ages it is so beautifully done.
hugs Heather xxx