Monday 9 June 2008

2 in 1 challenge using my SWISS DOTS embossing folder!!



Its been ages since I've blogged, as last week I was busy organising a weekend away for me and DH, without my teenage daughter finding out!! We were going to leave her 'home alone' for the first time, but she is nearly 18 as she keeps reminding us! We had a great weekend away in the New Forest, even managed to find a couple of craft shops! Everything was fine when we got back, daughter still alive and kicking! She did phone me to ask how to boil an egg earlier today tho!!

Anyway, I've had 3 days away from the computer and crafting so was getting a bit twitchy, so once I had got all the washing sorted I headed to my craft room to do a couple of cards. One was an order from a colleague, which I will post later (if I remember) and the other was for the My Time To Craft challenge this week which is

'Brads & Eyelets'- Use brads or eyelets or both!

I have combined this challenge with the Friday Sketchers challenge in a bid to get back on track with challenges!

I used 'Melanie the Shopper' stamp from Rubber Romance, with a brad 'I love shopping, mounted onto the background papers using brads. Image was stamped with Brilliance ink pad, pearlescent lavender and coloured with pearlescent orchid and marvy pens. I used my new Swiss Dots embossing folder, which I managed to track down at long last (like looking for hen's teeth trying to track these down!), handmade paper, pearlescent card and ribbon from stash.

We went to Shaftesbury on Saturday and found a wonderful bead shop, of course I had to buy a selection of beads! I have several projects in mind, got so much I want to do, could do with more hours in a day, not having to sleep, or packing up work!!

9 comments:

Jilli said...

Hi Sam, Can you email me your address please so that I can post your PIF out to you and I'll explain what you need to do. Speak soon Jillix

Anonymous said...

Lovely card, great image!

Carole ;D

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Fabulous - just love that image! Thanks for joining the MTTC challenge this week!

Jo said...

FAB card, the image is brill. Thanks for finding the time to join in the challenge this week :o) Jo x

Lesley said...

Great card, thanks for joining in the MTTC challenge this week xx

Bev said...

Wow this is fab - love the image!!

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Great card and great job with the sketch!

Stacey said...

Sammie, this is gorgeous! I hadn't thought of using different coloured ink - it looks fabulous! ~x~

Jacqueline van der Sar - Crejakaarten said...

great job!!!