Sunday 9 November 2008

What a week!! SBS 21 challenge



I started this card for the SBS 21 challenge last Sunday, intending to finish it on Monday, ha ha..... I returned to work after the half term, to an assessment on Financial Management in Schools on Monday only to receive a phone call advising us that Ofsted were on their way - anyone who works in a school knows what that means, so I need say no more except that I was glad when it was Friday. Have spent the weekend catching up on jobs at home and finally managed to escape to my craft room this evening.

This challenge was to use something new, a product or technique, using the sketch provided. My new was a pad of DCWV Xmas glitter stack (last years) which was looking very lonely on the shelf last weekend when I visited the Range. It was reduced to a bargain price as it was the last one, so I couldn't leave it there!

I used some textured paper, for the background, which I thought looked a bit like fresh snowfall, then 2 different papers from my newly purchased stack. The ribbon (Dovecraft) also jumped into my shopping basket on the same trip. The snowmen are from Creative Expressions, I stamped them onto acetate and glittered with Art Institute glitter. The snowflakes are punched out of snow white pearlescent card, and attached with the ribbon to the card with papermania brads.

I am going to have a go at making another card using this layout with a red and green colour scheme, probably with trees at the bottom, sometime soon hopefully!!






1 comment:

de said...

Sam! Love your card! Glad to see you in the challenge! Sorry your week was hectic! love the card, keep em coming!