Tuesday 21 September 2010

A spot of baking - calorie free of course!!

When I was in The Works this weekend a book caught my eye 'Cupcakes from the Primrose Bakery'. After a quick flick through, my tastebuds were working over time so I had to buy it. There are so many delicious recipes in it I didn't know where to start but managed to decide this evening....

Here we have Malted Cup Cakes with Marshmallow icing



Dark cake cases are def the way to go, look much better than the white ones which make the cakes look anaemic! I guess I should try the taste test but as its almost midnight should wait until tomorrow...



The marshmallow icing is tasty but very sweet. The recipe was supposed to be enough for 12 cakes with a little left over.... perhaps I'm a bit tight with my icing but I've not even used half of it so I suppose I'll have to bake again tomorrow night, sure my family will be devastated!!