Thursday 14 April 2011

A bit of beading....

Here are some of the things I've made over the last couple of days.

I bought this glass pendant a while back to make a necklace. I intended to put it on something a bit more fancy than just a piece of cord but have yet to find something I like so thought in the meantime I would put it on the cord until I find that something special.


Same thing as the above necklace, been lurking in the drawer awaiting that something special but actually I quite like this on the leather thong - what do you think?


I saw this gorgeous metal heart in Rockin' Beads, a fabulous bead shop in Tavistock. If you are in the area it is well worth a visit. The faux suede thong was from my stash and the closure is also from Rockin' Beads.


This design has been cased from my local bead shop DD Beads who stock wonderful beads, findings and Troll jewellery. If you don't fancy making your own jewellery they sell ready made stuff too. I love this lariat style necklace, the beauty of it is that you can adjust where the focal bead sits. Needless to say I bought faux suede in all the colours - which have just sat in the drawer. The idea is to use up all your odd beads, but I just had to buy more and of course more charms and metal beads! You only need one focal bead and then the necklaces in various colours to go with whatever you are wearing. If anyone is interested in buying any of these I am happy to make to order, just let me know what colours you would like, £10 for 3 strands and the focal bead, £3 for any additional strands.


Here is a close up of the dangly bits!


Off to the dentist shortly, hope to be back with more crafty things later.
Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Claire said...

A lovely selection of items Sam - I think the heart looks fab on the leather. Hugs, Claire x

Elaine Harding said...

Lovely projects! Hope you're well. Long time no speak! TFS xx