Thursday 11 September 2014

Work In Progress Wednesday


I needed a session with my sewing machine this evening to unwind after the week so far.......

I have, for sometime fancied the idea of free motion quilting, I took a class last year with Dawn Cameron-Dick which I really enjoyed but as I haven't kept up the practice didn't feel confident enough to tackle a quilt.

When it came to quilt this project I decided I could put it off no longer, especially as it's not very big! 


Love the colours and fabrics in this! 


Aren't those giraffes cute? 


A close up of the back


and front. 

Some of the stitches are a bit on the large side, I will check tomorrow when the light is better to see if any need to be unpicked and redone. 

Linking up with Lee @ Freshly Pieced

Hope you've had a wonderful Wednesday :) 

Sam x



2 comments:

Laura said...

Those giraffes are the cutest little things ever. Love the quilt!

Laney said...

I love the bright colors you've got going on here and that backing fabric is cute! Hope you unwound from the week you were having :)