Sunday 6 July 2008

4 challenges in one!

At last the drought is over...... this is the first card I have made for over a week!! Its such a grotty day, so have decided to lift my spirits by shutting myself in my craft room to create! Here is what I have come up with - a 4 in 1 challenge. It meets the challenges set on My Time To Craft which is 'Seasons', uses the sketch set on Friday Sketchers, loved using this layout, will defo use it again, the Stamp Something challenge which is to use something that sparkles, shines, glimmers or glitters and finally the DCM challenge to create something that reminds you of winter or makes you feel cold, phew......
Disaster nearly struck when I stuck the stamped image directly onto the green paper, stood back to admire my work and then realised I had forgotten the gold mount :-O, I just about managed to prise the image off with minimal damage, thank goodness the mount was that bit larger!
I enjoyed making this card, my first Christmas card of the year, somehow it doesn't seem right making Xmas cards when the sun is shining, so I was OK today, as it felt more like the middle of winter, with tumble dryer on in the background, wind howling outside, only thing missing was the heating being on, but even I resisted the urge to press that switch!
The image and green bp are from the DoCrafts goody bag for July/August, which I treated myself to yesterday while at a demo.
Am off for dinner now, back later hopefully, with some more cards....





9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute christmas card..glad it all turned out ok in the end! Thanks for trying my sketch this week at FS.
Carole ;o)

~Denise Lynn~ said...

What a fun and fantastic holiday card! I love that shimmery gold paper. Cute image too! Thanks for playing along with our challenge. :)

Sian said...

Great christmas card and the image is really cute :)

Erin... said...

Wonderful holiday card! super shimmer and fun reindeer!!! great layout too!! thanks for playing!! ps feel free to enter as many times as you like:)

Jacqueline van der Sar - Crejakaarten said...

Very beautiful card. Great colors and I love that christmas image. How great that you could combine 4 challenges!!! Great job!! Thanks for joining in. Love from Holland.

Jo said...

How cute is Rudolph, I love him! Thanks for joining in with the MTTC challenge this week :o) Jo x

Lesley said...

Fab card, thanks for taking part in our MTTC challenge this week xx

My Time To Craft Challenge said...

thanks for taking part Sammee, love this image -it's so cute :-)

Pat at Best Friends said...

Hi Sammee
I am one of the SBS 21 sisterhood and just dropping a brief note to say Hi!
I have really enjoyed looking at your work (Just loved the reindeer on your Christmas Card).
I am new to stmping and paper crafts so I am really pleased to find a group of ladies with such diverse ideas and styles. Look forward to sharing with you
Best wishes Pat