Thursday 25 June 2009

3 challenges in 1 card.....

Day off today, I've spent the afternoon playing in my craft room, in between sitting in the garden for short stints, well its too hot to stay out there for very long! Not that I'm complaining...

Wasn't sure what I was going to make, have a list of challenges as long as my arm but once I got going it just seemed to fall into place and I managed to combine 3 challenges with this card!



I followed the sketch over at Sketch Saturday , Cute Card Thursday challenge is 'Wheely Good Fun'use wheels on your card and finally the challenge at Inspiring Inkin' is to make a man's card with an embellishment, I used brads, but you will need to look closely as they merge in with the paper :-( in the photo, more obvious IRL.

Inspiring Inkin' is the Stampin' Up! team I am in, run by Amanda Fowler, who is a constant source of inspiration. If you want to join our happy group of stampers, give me a call or email me for further info, it really is great fun, Amanda runs quarterly training in Fareham and I come away with my head buzzing with ideas. She has also just earnt an all expenses paid trip to Monaco next year, wish I could earn that with my 'day' job!

I coloured a piece of cardstock with my brayer, new toy, using Basic Black, Certainly Celery and Bashful Blue. I stamped the lorry from Loads of Love onto spare card and coloured using SU inks listed below and my Aqua Painter, then added some Glossy Accents to the windows. I cut round the lorry and using dimensionals stuck it onto the brayered background. This was then layered up using Washington Apple DSP as per Sketch Saturday sketch.

CS - Whisper White & Bashful Blue
DSP - Washington Apple
Stamp sets - Loads of Love & Loads of Love Accessories
Inks - Basic Black, Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel, Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue & Pumpkin Pie
Accessories - Soft Subtle brads
Tools - Brayer, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Scalloped border, scalloped oval and large oval punches
All from Stampin' Up!


Really enjoyed today, didn't get my day off last week as I had a conference to attend but didn't mind as look who the guest speakers were



Vincent and Flavia from Strictly Come Dancing. They were inspirational, anyone who knows me, knows I was not a fan of Strictly but I have been converted, they were wonderul to watch, and very entertaining speakers. If only I didn't have the co-ordination of a dead duck I might be tempted to take up ballroom dancing, much to Barry's amusement when I suggested this!!

Had better go and cook the dinner now, hope to be back later...

6 comments:

Rach said...

hi Sam, fabby card sweetie, love the picture as well. tfs.
I don't know if i am going to be able to get to newbury this year yet or not.. fingers crossed. hugs rachxx

Elaine Harding said...

Lovely card, love brayering! and love your new "squeezes" even though it was temporarily on loan!!

Stacey said...

Check you out, hobnobbing with the stars! Your dead duck comment did make me laugh :o)

Gorgeous card though, well done for combining all those challenges! ~x~

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Sam.

Hugs Riet.x

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, beautiful papers and great image.
luv
Debby

Vannessa said...

I love your card and that brayering is fantastic. You'll have to show me how you get it like that at our next team meeting as mine looks nowhere near as good as that!