Monday 26 January 2009

Love is in the air....

There are a lots of firsts in the making of this card...
I went to The Range yesterday to get some bits for the house and just by chance they had a DoCrafts demo, how lucky was that! So I had to stop and have a little look. I was pleased I did, as the demonstrator had the following style card on display. I have seen this card on the front cover of a crafting magazine recently, and drawn a sketch intending to work out how to do it, but no need now, saved me a job!




I have used Whisper White and Real Red cardstock and Real Red ink from SU! I love the fact that the inks match perfectly with the cardstock. The stamps are a freebie from Cardmaking & Papercrafts February issue. They were crying out to be inked up, there are another 3 more stamps in the set, a larger flower, some swirls and a pair of lovebirds, will be inking those up soon. I used a waterbrush to colour the flowers, drawing ink in from the image and on the lid of the ink pad. Just realised I haven't coloured the centres in yellow, will have another look in the morning, may just leave it alone, as generally mess things up completely when I have a fiddle LOL.

Have been trying to sort out my blog tonight, added a link to the SU! catalogue, so if anyone would like to place an order or book a workshop, email me for more info.
Haven't managed to sort out the template from Cutest Blog on the Blog, so reverted to previous one, it seems a bit boring after the other one I had but better than the black one of late!

Had better be off to bed now, or won't be fit for anything tomorrow!





3 comments:

Amanda said...

Lovely card Sam, please send me the measurements xx

Kim Dellow said...

Oh wow, this is fab. Thanks for linking to my candy and good luck in the draw. Kim

Enfys said...

Gorgeous card Sam, I keep meaning to have a go at this sort of card, and never getting round to it. You've spurred me on.......
hugs
Enfys x