Sunday 18 January 2009

Sketch and Stash Challenge 1

Two posts in one day!! I discovered this new challenge, Sketch & Stash. It is a great sketch and you can rotate it, re size the elements and add extra bits and bobs if you need to! You are asked to use new stash or stash that you have had for a while and not used - got plenty of that ....



I had to make an 18th birthday card for one of my daughter's friends so thought I would 'kill 2 birds with 1 stone' as the saying goes. I decided to use one of the Rubber Romance stamps I bought ages ago and only used a couple of times. I coloured the image with a combination of Promarkers (flesh colour and hair) Marvys (middle bag and hat band - was the only one I could find to match the burgundy colour in the background paper but needn't have searched so long and hard as when I added the Glossy Accents it turned it red!) and SU! watercolour crayons (pink bags), which are new, well had since before Christmas. The BP is from the All Dressed Up stack from DCWV, which I bought ages ago from The Range, only used one sheet as couldn't bear to cut the lovely designs up, but decided to be very brave today!
Ribbon & flower - Poppicrafts, sentiment stamp - Rubber Romance.

I wasn't sure if my daughter or her friend would like it but Ellie thought it was 'cool' and that Ash would love it. Phew....






2 comments:

Chrissie said...

I just love your card Sam, I think your daughter was right it's definitely 'cool'
Thanks for joining in the challenge.

Heather said...

Gorgeous - she'll love it I'm sure. The image and colours are perfect for a teenage girl.
That backing paper is divine!!
hugs Heather xx