Wednesday 4 February 2009

Snow bound!!

Not really but school was closed yesterday due to the weather so I had an unexpected day off!! No prizes for guessing how I spent the day - well most of it, I did have a little tidy round in the morning, watched 'Wanted Down Under' then disappeared into my craft room, with a mug of tea and watched the snow fall. It was great, I was snug as a bug with the little radiator under the work surface. I had a few cards to make and thought I should continue the great clear up...... apart from coming out for dinner I was in there until about half eleven last night!

The first card I made was for a very good friend's daughter who is 7 today - Happy Birthday Elizabeth, hope you have had a lovely birthday.



I really enjoy making these cards, they are really simple to make and I think very effective. Card stock from Paper Mill, stamped with Versamark ink pad and Polka Dot background stamp from SU. The image is Emmy with Basket from Funky Kits coloured with SU watercolour crayons and waterbrush, highlighted with Sakura gelly roll pens and a button from stash. The large scalloped shape is cut with Accent Essentials cricut cartridge, pierced on each petal and finished off with ribbon from stash. The scalloped shapes on each end are my favourite SU punches - greeting from Cuddly Buddly and peel off coloured with markers.



I have had this 'Dress Up Maggie image on my worktop for ages. Coloured with Marvys, I used Liquid Pearls for the necklace, was a bit disappointed as the 'beads' merged into each other, and Glamour Dust added for that little bit of dazzle. I used the same style card as above, as these are very popular.



I have had these borders inked up and ready to go for some time, I just needed to put it together with the other components and thought I should do it before the bits get damaged. I bought these shapes at Newbury back in July last year from Craftwork Cards. I cut the acetate card in half, so get twice as many from the pack I bought - love a bargain!! and some Bazzil Bling (another Newbury purchase). Borders inked up with Dew Drop ink pad and finished off with a bit of Glamour Dust. Paper from a DCWV stack has been added to the back of the window on the front to hide the dst. Greeting circle also from Craftwork Cards.




I decided to make a slight variation to the card above and make a suspended greeting using my fav punches from SU and greeting stamp from Cuddly Buddly - just noticed that it's not too clear in the picture, I was tired when I took these photos last night. I background stamped the base card with Versamark using swirl stamp - freebie last month from Cardmaking & Papercraft. The scalloped shape around the square aperture on the front of the card is cut using my SU scallop border punch, the paper is K & Co, one of quite a few lovely ones I discovered in a pile of papers I bought ages ago!



The final card here is one for a football fan - got 3 of them in this house.... I usually end up making quite a few football cards throughout the course of the year, so thought I would get one step ahead of the game - ;-) sorry couldn't resist that! and get at least one football card in my basket. Can't remember where I got the images from, had them for ages, patterned paper is from K & Co, I think, and greeting is a Whispers stamp.

Its my normal day off tomorrow, hoping to get a couple of cards made, maybe even take part in a few challenges, haven't done any for ages, been busy with challenges set by myself ..... then am off to Heathrow in the afternoon to drop Mum off, lucky lady is off to New Zealand for 4 months - if I don't blog for a while, guess where I'll be?
Have just seen the weather forecast for tomorrow, glad I'm not driving - may just get on that plane






2 comments:

Bev said...

Goodness, did you do well making all those fab cards in one day Sam - it takes me all my time to make one a day lol.

hugs Bev x

Rach said...

wow Sam how busy have you been and all in one day!!!
well done hun.xx