Wednesday 27 August 2008

Rocking Scalloped Card!


Here is the card I was trying out last night. The idea of the scalloped edge came from the DCWV templates I have seen around lately and I spent the evening working out how I could join the 2 templates together.
I cut my templates using the Accent Essentials cricut cartridge and then stuck the 2 pieces together using acetate and DS tape. I also cut 2 templates in paper to go inside the card to cover the ds tape.
I used Katharina's sketch 26 to decorate the card and used my new Rockstar Sugar Nellie that I ordered recently. This is the first card I have made using this image, thought it would be great for boys cards. I coloured the image in with Marvys and put glossy accents on the guitar. Sentiment from Cuddly Buddly and spirelli shape cut from Accent Essentials cartridge also - really pleased I managed to get hold of this cartridge, I use it quite a lot and there are still lots of shapes I haven't cut yet!
I have given my blog a makeover lately, and thanks to Rach, have now managed to add my signature to my postings ! Just need a makeover myself now, have lost just over 1 stone on WW diet, really pleased as thought I wouldn't do very well over the holidays but managing to stick to it fairly well! Need to go shopping now for some new clothes - any excuse.....






3 comments:

Rach said...

Hi Sam,
fabulous idea on the scallop card, and an ingenious way of putting it together.I love this sugar nellie image, you are right that he does work wonderfully for boys cards, your colouring is brilliant.
Hugs Rach.xx
btw glad that the signature thing worked out..xx

Jo said...

Hiya! okidoki, can you get your photos on by 10am please?
Thanks,
Jo xx

Mira's place said...

Wow, Sam, this card is just wonderful. Loved the rock star and what you did with the guitar. Very creative!!!