Tuesday 19 August 2008

Spoonful of Sugar + CCT challenge

While blog hopping earlier this evening, I was really pleased to discover that I could join in the 'Spoonful of Sugar' challenge this week, A Secret Message
albeit it very last minute. I didn't think I had the right stamps to join in but realised that I could use Hanglar images, so courtesy of a blog candy win from Heidi earlier in the year here is my entry. Image coloured with watercolour pencils and accented with glamour dust. I have spent most of the evening trying out various ideas - lots of them not working !!! I cut the scalloped ? squares using Accent Essentials cricut cartridge, one as a frame, behind which I mounted the image, the other as a blackout shape. After trial and error I punched holes in the top corners with the Big Bite and a ribbon slot at the bottom, in the good old fashioned way - using the hand tool and hammer - not too popular as it was quite late.... may have to invest in a slot punch, often tempted to buy the SU slot punch - perhaps I should put in on the birthday list!!
I embossed some pink vellum using cuttlebug elegant swirls folder and attached that to the left of the base card with brads at the top and bottom and tape behind the scalloped squares, which was attached with good old ds tape. I used a pearl brad to make it look like the picture was hanging.

When the bow is undone the hidden message is revealed - just noticed in this picture that one of the adhesive gems has gone AWOL between pictures, will have a look for it in a minute.
The message was stamped on a smaller scalloped square which was added to the bottom scalloped square. I am really pleased with the way this has turned out - will put it away for someone special's birthday - can't say who as they may look at my blog!!

Just realised this card is suitable for the CCT challenge this week which is 'Soft Furnishings' thanks to the ribbon element!! Hey 2 challenges in one card, not bad for an evenings work....

2 comments:

tiggertastic said...

Fantastic work, love the colours you have used and the little message bit.

The cat card below is also excellent

Sarah x

Deb said...

fabulous card, I love your hidden message and fab use of the ribbon, thank you for joining in the CCT challenge