Thursday 20 August 2009

Congratulations - Tilda with Roses

Thought I would make a Congrats card today with the sketch by Beatrix from Friday Sketchers.



I used one of the cute Tilda with Roses images Paula kindly sent me earlier this week. I coloured them with copics, practising my shading - been watching some You Tube videos this week, and finished off the roses with a bit of icicle stickles.
I decided I wanted a bit of white space on this card so didn't put my usual first layer on the base case, quite pleased with how this turned out, not looking to bare as the other layers are quite large.
The papers are from an old DCWV stack, (A Pocket Full of Posies), flowers made from offcuts and an X Cut punch. Sentiment is from a Stampin Up! set, which was free in a promotion earlier this year. Ribbon and brads from stash.

Probably won't get round to any crafting tomorrow as its my oldest son's 15th birthday, so am off to my craft room to make up for it tonight!

4 comments:

Bev said...

What a gorgeous card sweetie, so pretty. Fab colouring too x

Sue said...

Lovely, simply georgeous but then this is the standard you set and people like me try to follow. Keep up the good work, this must be worth candy. Sue

Tab said...

Gorgeous card, sweetie, love the sweet image and the colours are delish!
Hope that your son has a fab b'day!
Hugs Tab xxx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Sam,i love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x