Sunday 2 August 2009

What's a girl to do when there's no electricity!

More plastering today, but its finished now thank goodness, just need to wait for it to dry out, then the painting, the woodwork, new bannisters and new carpet. Confined to barracks again but without electricity!! Just managed to persuade myself that I really did need the new Sugar Nellie Manga Kids stamps, that are back in stock, went to go online to buy them only to find there was no internet connection :-(.
Was told it would be off for about an hour, 4 hours later I was chomping at the bit to buy new rubba, fortunately by the time I got online there were still some in stock so guess I'll be stalking the postman later on this week!

In the meantime I had to amuse myself crafting - such a shame ;-)



I am entering this card for 2 challenges,
- Copic Colour Challenge - which is to use BG02, RV02 & YG03. I had to use BG01 has I haven't got BG02 yet!
- Secret Crafter sketch challenge, a great one to work with.

The papers are from a Kay & Co pad I bought recently, coloured with copics with a bit of glamour dust for that little bling. The snowflakes were punched using a Martha Stewart punch, sentiment, large oval and scalloped oval punches from SU!

Quite funny really, made a summery card yesterday (for a DT call, so can't post it yet!) when the weather was drab and a Christmas card today when the sun was shining!

Looking forward to house to myself tomorrow, need to catch up on some chores and got 4 birthday cards to make for this week, August is always a busy birthday month in the Sinclair family!

2 comments:

Rach said...

fabulous card Sam, glad that all your plastering has finished.. nothing worse, i hate having work done around the house..
glad that you managed to get your manga kids..
hugs rachxxx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Sam,i love the image and papers.

Hugs Riet.x