Sunday 30 August 2009

A crafty break in Devon -

Apologies for the lack of blogging this week but we booked a last minute holiday, Monday's posting was done from the hotel but there was so much to do that I didn't have time to do any blogging, will have to catch up over the next day or two. Planning some serious card making tomorrow, now I've done all the washing and ironing.

We went to a Craft & Sport hotel at Okehampton in Devon, if you've been there already you'll know how great it is, if you haven't, I thoroughly recommend it. My husband and 2 sons are sport mad, so it meant we could all do what we wanted - everyone happy.

I took lots of craft classes, fitted in a couple of games of badminton & snooker, a couple of swims, saunas and a hot stones massage :-)

I won't bore you with all the photos in one go.... I can feel a couple more hobbies coming on - more details on those later!

Some of the classes I really enjoyed, others, not so keen on, I went to glass engraving 3 times, even managed to drag my eldest son and husband along, the youngest son went off to play squash. Here are the photos of the things I made in this class. My mind was working overtime with presents I could make using this technique.



A couple of vases, an excuse to buy some flowers!



Can a girl have too many glasses? Made one with my name on for work, that way hopefully it shouldn't go astray!



Love these glass coasters.

I had great fun in the enamelling class, these are the 3 things I made. I need to add some leather thong to the pendant and keyring chains to the other 2 items, which I could have done at the class but as I've got loads of these bits at home seemed silly to buy more!
It was fascinating to see the results, I love the way the pendant turned out, the brown lines were supposed to be there but the spots are where I left it in the oven too long and the flux burned, really like the way it turned out, bet I couldn't repeat it though!



I will be back later today with some great news :-) and some challenge cards. Happy Bank Holiday weekend whatever you are doing.

4 comments:

PinksyDoodles said...

That sounds an ideal holiday. I love what you have made - it looks like you've been engraving and enamelling for years!
Clare x

Riet said...

Ohhh wowwwww Sam,what BEAUTIFUL.

Hugs Riet.x

Stacey said...

What a fab holiday, didn't even know stuff like this existed!

Gorgeous creations too, you clever thing! ~♥~

Pauline said...

Looks like my sort of holiday. Shame John isn't into sport. Love the engraving Sam, but the glass with your name on will still go astray. I'll just have to change my name.
Pauline x