Monday 12 October 2009

Where did the weekend go?

I may have been missing this weekend but I have been busy.... got a couple of DT cards coming up tomorrow but here's a card I managed to fit in before I went to work this morning.... yes I was up at 5.45am today! My eldest son is doing his work experience at an Army camp in Folkestone, a 3.5hr journey from here, on a good day, thank goodness its residential! Didn't think it was worth going back to bed when he'd gone, its bad enough having to get up once a day never mind twice!! So I turned the heating on and shut myself in my craft room.



I thought I would make a man's card using the sketch from Papertake Weekly. The image is a Whimsy, coloured with copics and the papers are from the Basic Grey Archaic range, quite appropriate for the image I thought...
I am also entering this for the Stamp Something challenge this week which is to use brown on your card.

I even managed to decorate the inside of the card and all before 7.30am! Am off to cook dinner now, hope to be back later but have got a bedroom to fumigate, oops I mean decorate, this week while DS1 is out of the way.



6 comments:

Susie Sugar said...

This is so cute Sam
xx

PinksyDoodles said...

Hi Sam.
Oh this is cute, a great image and perfect man's card.
Clare x

Sue said...

Hi Sam

See you are back on form this week with lovely card. This tortosie is great, I feel a purchase coming on! Lol.

Hugs Suex

Gina said...

Great card, Sam! Love the idea for a male birthday card. Thanks for sharing!

Giovana said...

Super cute!!
Thanks so much for joinig us at Stamp Something Challenge this week.
God bless
Giovana

Linda Brun said...

Love the tortosie.. Cute card!

Linda