Sunday 14 December 2008

A few quick cards

Haven't felt much like crafting recently, had raging toothache last week, several visits to the dentist, a couple of prescriptions and quite a few pounds lighter, in terms of weight and money , I am finally pain free.
Had to make a couple of cards last week to ensure they got there in time, so used the opportunity to use some of my new goodies.

I made a quick wallet to send some Christmas money to my Niece. I cut a DL card, used my SU jumbo roller along the length of the card, after having a play on some spare card stock. The snowflake is a Cuttlebug cut and embossing die, cut on pearlescent card and finished off with Glamour Dust. I have long admired this die on other people's blogs and could resist the temptation no longer! I stuck a strip of card, decorated with the same roller, inside the card to slip the money under.



The image on the Thank You card is from Fourth Dimension, one used once..... Coloured with watercolour pencils. I have just noticed that the photo looks a bit washed out, it is much better IRL. I found some mulberry paper to mount the stamped image onto, obviously not used that for a while as it was quite far down on a pile of papers! I used my new SU scalloped circle punch and circle punch which works really well with the round sentiments from Cuddly Buddly.
I used to cut circles on my Cricut and try to stamp the sentiment in the middle not very successfully, however that is all behind me now, its so easy with these punches.




Thought I would try a pink and chocolate colour combo for my Niece's Christmas card. The stamp is from Funky Kits, think this image is really cute. Used my SU ink pads to watercolour the image, a bit of Glamour Dust added to the boots and ear muffs, and SU punches for the scalloped edge on the gold card and tab on the main image. The sentiment is Cuddly Buddly and have again used my SU punches to cut the circles. These punches are fab and so easy to use. I think there will be a few more in my craft room before long!!











1 comment:

Rach said...

Beautiful cards Sam,hugs rachxx