Wednesday 31 December 2008

Thank You cards and A Happy New Year

Here a few quick and simple Thank You cards I have made for the children to send.
Photography not up to scratch again, sorry :-( - must stop polishing the table LOL




This was made from A4 card, cut to 25cm in length, 11cm high. I scored at 5cm intervals, folded and marked the top fold in the centre (2.5cm)and 3cm down each side, joined the marks up and cut along the lines, so that all ended up with a tag shaped top. I would usually add ribbon or a brad to each of the tag tops but as these have to be posted I have tried to keep them as flat as possible - blooming Post Office - grrrr!! I cut 8 pieces of patterned paper into 1.5" squares (sorry to mix measurements) then cut the letters THANK YOU on with my George cricut cartridge at 1" high. Letters then stuck to squares which were mounted onto the base card. I have left 2 blank pages on the reverse side for the children to write their Thanks.



This card was made using the same measurements as above only as I used a 12 x 12 sheet of paper I was able to cut 6 pieces, so only put THANKS on this card, leaving the back blank for handwritten thanks.



The final card was cut from A4 card, down the length of the card. I like this shape card. Used some scrap paper, DCWV paper, grosgrain ribbon and 'Thank You' stamp from SU - just love this set! Again kept simple and flat, as this also needs posting....

Well my friends, have managed 3 posts in 3 days, lets hope I can keep this up PMSL
and also managed to get in just before New Year, and while I am still sober, still got quite a bit of Tia Maria left in the bottle so won't be before I go to bed - ha ha!!

Will be off down to the beach tomorrow to watch all the silly people go in the sea for the annual fundraising for the Inshore Rescue. Luckily they don't go in until midday, so plenty of time for a lie in. Good luck to all taking part, rather you than me!

Just gonna get my coat onto go outside and see the New Year in, and watch all the search lights from the ships in the harbour.

Wishing you all a Happy and Healthy New Year.






3 comments:

Rach said...

Lovely cards Sam, wishing you a happy New year sweetie. hugs rachxx

Heather said...

Great thank you cars Sam.
All the best to you and your family for 2009.
I used to live in Blackpool and miss living by the sea - your comments left me feeling nostalgic.
Hope you keep up your regular postings.
hugs Heather xx

Enfys said...

Lovely cards Sam, I love tag cards, and these turned out great. Happy new year :)
hugs
Enfys x