Monday 15 December 2008

Small gift bags

Managed to escape to my craft room tonight, but still got a naked Christmas tree in the lounge LOL, really must decorate it tomorrow night!

We have Year 6 pupils who cover the office at lunchtime and I wanted to give them a little something to say THANK YOU. While browsing the Stampin Up! website I discovered a project to make a small gift bag from a C6 envelope. I had a trial run and was pleased with the result, so decided I would make these for the children.

Had great fun, playing with my SU goodies to create these. Envelopes from stash, a couple of them had a faded edge, so wouldn't have been able to use them for cards, so pleased not to have them go to waste! Stamped with Versamark inkpad and Polka Dot stamp from - you guessed it SU. Scored the envelope 2cm on 3 edges and folded both ways to ensure a crisp fold. Scallop punched to top edge, which was then folded over, punched 2 holes near the top with Big Bite then threaded ribbon thru the holes. Sentiment from Cuddly Buddly again, mounted on SU round and scalloped round punches, don't know how I managed without these....







2 comments:

Stacey said...

I really love these little bags Sam. So much so that I made some of my own the other day! Shame I forgot to take a picture before I gave them away, eh?!

Loving your Stmapin Up stuff. Do you know of any SU demos near us? Would love to go to a party! ~x~

Stacey said...

Ooh, that is excellent news! I probably couldn't host one at my house as I don't know any other crafty people in the area. But I'd be more than happy to visit you, you're only just down the road after all. I love the SU stuff! ~x~