Monday 29 December 2008

Matthew's 1st birthday





Here is the card I made for a very good friend's son, Matthew. He was 1 yesterday, that year has flown by. He was having a little nap when we went round to see them, but soon woke up. He looked so cute, with his little red cheeks and bed hair, but didn't take long to wake up enough to open his present, a beautiful Paddington Bear, which he snuggled into immediately.

The card design is one I have seen on various blogs, and in the January issue of Making Cards. The project is one of 3 in this issue, by my SU granny, Amanda Fowler. I was really pleased with how this turned out and plan to make a some more using this design,the bottom picture shows the card folded flat, to go in a C6 envelope, when you pull the tag, the box section unfolds and the tag stands upright.
Turquoise card from stash, used my new clear stamps from Scrappy Cat for the greeting and versamark inked the present image to give a watermark effect. BP from DCWV Baby Boy mat stack, 1 cut with George & Basic Shapes cricut cartridge, used double sided sticky stuff and Glamour Dust for the bling.

I have 5 birthday cards to make by this time next week, am gonna try and be more organised next year, ROFL, have made a couple of Christmas cards and gift tags today, while tidying up craft room. It seems such a shame to be putting all that lovely craft stash away, didn't realise I had accumulated so much Xmas stuff, packs of paper unopened, stamps uninked, embossing folders still in original packaging - how bad am I?

Have got some photos of special Xmas cards I made this year and photos of projects made at SU team training recently that I will try and post tomorrow, am trying to avoid shopping!






1 comment:

Amanda said...

Love the card Sam, I'm very pleased to be your Stampin' Up! Granny !