Tuesday 26 May 2009

1st Christmas card for 2009

Having watched a bit of QVC's Crafting for Christmas yesterday, I thought it was about time I made a start on my Christmas cards, I am often frantically making cards as late as Christms Eve!! Hope to change that this year....

I decided to use this week's sketch at Just Christmas and Birthday Cards and my new Edwin & Tilda stamp, just loved this stamp for ages and only recently got hold of it.



Out came my Xmas papers box, thought I would choose my papers first then the colours for the image, instead of the other way round as I usually do. Papers are from DCWV Xmas stack, edged with Cats Eyes Chalk Ink in blue. Loving my ever expanding collection of Promarkers, still need to practice with shading tho! I tried to pick out colours from the backing papers I had used. Parchment style paper from stash, embossed with D'vine Swirls CB embossing folder, sentiment from Best Yet, Level 1 hostess gift from Stampin' Up!, a very useful set as it contains sentiments for all occasions. Ovals cut with SU! punches. Pink ribbon from stash, just noticed I'm nearly running out of this colour, oh no, another craft shopping trip.

Didn't get much at Hobbycraft yesterday, some gorgeous Christmas buttons, trees, snowflakes, some scrummy glittery hearts and some lovely ribbon, so had to get online and ordered some MME Bloom & Grow papers from Crafts U Love, looks like I'll be stalking my postie this week...

4 comments:

Claresflair said...

Sam,
Can't believe you are even thinking about Christmas!! Great card - I need to expland my collection of PM'S as I only really have the basics!! Is it payday on Friday - oops!!!!

Unknown said...

Love the card, the embossed background looks like swirls of ice, really clever

Jan x

Elaine Harding said...

How organised are you?!*! Sweet couple on ice!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Sam,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x