Thursday 14 May 2009

Cute Card Thursday - Letters and Numbers

Sorry for being AWOL again much of this week, have been busy making cards for local library who are going to sell some for me, have been burning the midnight oil to try and complete the order. Am going to take them in tomorrow, hopefully will get me some extra cash to spend on more stash......

Its my second week as a guest designer on Cute Card Thursday this week. The challenge today is to use letters and numbers on your card. I have been making card for special birthdays this week, you know, 18, 21, 30,...... so thought I would make another 18th birthday card - always handy as a lot of my daughter's friends are celebrating their 18th birthdays at the moment!



I thought I would make a nice colourful card to cheer myself up, as the weather has been so dull and dreary this week. I used my Rainbow Sherbet papers and Whisper White, Almost Apricot, Green Galore and Tempting Turquoise cardstock as the base for this card and some glitter card from stash. 18 and cylindrical shape cut using Cricut, George & Basic Shape cartridge. Added a bit of bling to the front with self adhesive gems from Papermania.



Used same stash on the second side, Congrats sentiment cut using Beyond Birthdays cartridge.



I wasn't quite sure how many drinks you need to celebrate an 18th!! but put as many as I could without any showing over the top of the triangular pieces spoiling the front image. Stamp set is Cheers to You, images coloured with SU! ink pads and watercolour brush, punched out using circle and scalloped circle SU punches.

I hope whoever receives this will be as pleased with it as I am....


5 comments:

cardsandacuppa said...

Oooh, Lovely, I'm sure anyone would be pleased as punch (ahem!) to receive this! Good luck with the library ;)
Hugs Sarah-Jane xx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Sam.

Hugs Riet.x

Anonymous said...

Adorable card. I have been looking for ways to use my Cricut more with my card making so seeing your ideas should really inspire me.

Deb said...

Gorgeous card Sam, love all the different aspects of it, very clever design!
Thank you so much for being a fantastic guest designer for us!
Have a great evening, Debx

Elaine Harding said...

Gorgeous card Sam. Love the design.