Sunday 17 August 2008

Christmas Fairy in the Pink!!

Back again -managed to fit in another challenge this evening! When I saw the sketch on Friday Sketchers this week, my first thought was that the crossed lines at the top had to be tinsel... so the theme of my card was decided!
I used the Christmas Fairy stamp, (Funky Kits) and coloured the image with good old watercolour pencils - I keep deliberating about the Prismacolours as everyone seems to be using them lately - but have so far resisted the urge. Backing paper from Dovecraft last year, CS from Paper Mill. The text is from a background text stamp that has lots of Christmassy words on and no doubt it will make an appearance in its entirely on my blog in the near future. :-)

I went to the Paper Mill at Whiteley today to replenish my card stock and was chuffed to find out that they have an offer on Sakura Gelly Roll pens, 3 for 2 if anyone is interested and has a store locally.

Hope to catch up with some more challenges 2moro - watch this space!!

8 comments:

Sandra said...

WOW your cards are gorgeous, I think I need to go shopping for new stamps hehehe

Sandra

Bev said...

Love the sparklie tinsel - what a brilliant idea and so perfect for that sweet image.
hugs Bev x

Jilli said...

Gorgeous card, love the tinsel.

Unknown said...

a nice card

Murielle said...

This is very lovely card!
Fantastic colours.
Thanks for your participation FS.
Hugs Mumur

Anonymous said...

Love this card and such a cute image with the tinsel! Thanks for joining us at friday sketchers.
Carole ;o)

debby4000 said...

beautiful card, wonderful work with the image.

LOUISE said...

Lovely card, the image is so cute, and I love what your did with the tinsel. Louise x