Friday 29 August 2008

Sketch Saturday sketch challenge and DT call

Jo over at Sketch Saturday has decided to recruit a Design Team. To be in with a chance to join the dream team you have to make 2 items using this weeks sketch, (no 13 - lucky for some this week!) One item has to be a Christmas theme and the other is your own choice.



I enjoy working with sketches - I usually end up with papers all over the place and losing my tools underneath it all, but thats part of the fun of it!!

The image (Hanna) on the top card was coloured with watercolour pencils. I paper pieced the dress to match in with the base card and strip across the middle, which was embossed with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder.

The Christmas card image (Creative Expressions) was stamped onto acetate with Stazon, and glued and glittered with Art Institute glitter. This was mounted onto gold pearlescent card, that had been embossed with the Cuttlebug Snowflake embossing folder. Gold ribbon was threaded through eyelets on the top left and bottom right corners of the image.




7 comments:

LOUISE said...

Fab cards Sam, love them! Louise x

Rach said...

two beautiful cards Sam,
very creative...the top one is like me...when i go craft shopping...not that i do any other kind!!! if i can help it that is..lol.
Have a great weekend. hugs rachxx

Jo said...

oh wow love how you've made the glittery santa! lovely work Sam!
My daughter often comes home around 1 and 2 am too! hope she had a good night
Thank you for taking part,
Jo xx

Trinka said...

great cards~

Barbara said...

Great cards!
I just love this girly card....but both of them are gorgeous.

Mary said...

Very, very cute cards!!! Love the Hannah with the well done paper piecing and the acetate Santa is darling!!!!

Bev said...

Two fabulous cards Sam, just love the girly one (and like RAch as long as the bags are full of crafty stuff I'm a happy bunny lol)

Please can y ou email me(email link on my blog) and I'll take you through how to do the circular sentiments in word

hugs Bev x