Saturday 30 August 2008

Wrap Card for a Baby Girl

Sorry for the picture being skewiff, it is the right way up on my laptop but I have tried 3 times !!! to upload it and it keeps coming up like this, so you will have to have a lay down to see it the right way up .......

This design for the card comes from the extremely talented Louise. It stemmed from the DCM wrap challenge a couple of weeks back. There is a tutorial here http://www.charmedcardsandcrafts.co.uk/acatalog/louise_brigden_card_tutorial.htm
showing you how to make the Herringbone Fold Pocket Christmas Card.

I decided to have a go at this, as I never got round to the DCM challenge but thought I would make it with a baby theme. I decided to add birth information on the reverse of the tags, as you can see from the picture below
I cut the tags with my good old G & BS cartridge again! I cut 3 sets of tags, 2 normal sets and one with a shadow effect (slightly larger). I stuck a printed tag on one side of the larger tag and a plain one which I stamped with a journalling stamp from Banana Frog on the other side.




7 comments:

Rach said...

Sam this is lovely, what a great idea for a baby card...hugs Rachxx

Louly said...

Oh Sam it's beautiful!Thank you so much for letting me know about it. I'm so proud to think that my tutorial inspired someone to have a go. Thanks for the kind words and the link too. xxxx

Tiff said...

Oh, very very cute!

Heather said...

This is so cute - love it. (I've got neck ache - but never mind) My cards are all skewiff - I thought it was my camera but now I think it's my eyes - one is lower on my head than the other - I'm sure!!

Trinka said...

love the idea...awesome looking~

Karen said...

I watched Louise's video the other day but haven't got round to doing one yet: Love your version :)

Barbara said...

I love this wrap card....very nice!!