Saturday, 30 August 2008

Wrap Card for a Baby Girl

Sorry for the picture being skewiff, it is the right way up on my laptop but I have tried 3 times !!! to upload it and it keeps coming up like this, so you will have to have a lay down to see it the right way up .......

This design for the card comes from the extremely talented Louise. It stemmed from the DCM wrap challenge a couple of weeks back. There is a tutorial here http://www.charmedcardsandcrafts.co.uk/acatalog/louise_brigden_card_tutorial.htm
showing you how to make the Herringbone Fold Pocket Christmas Card.

I decided to have a go at this, as I never got round to the DCM challenge but thought I would make it with a baby theme. I decided to add birth information on the reverse of the tags, as you can see from the picture below
I cut the tags with my good old G & BS cartridge again! I cut 3 sets of tags, 2 normal sets and one with a shadow effect (slightly larger). I stuck a printed tag on one side of the larger tag and a plain one which I stamped with a journalling stamp from Banana Frog on the other side.




8 comments:

Rach said...

Sam this is lovely, what a great idea for a baby card...hugs Rachxx

ANGELO said...

Thank you for joining my blog candy! I wish you good luck in the draw.
Kristin

Louly said...

Oh Sam it's beautiful!Thank you so much for letting me know about it. I'm so proud to think that my tutorial inspired someone to have a go. Thanks for the kind words and the link too. xxxx

Tiffany Johnson said...

Oh, very very cute!

Heather said...

This is so cute - love it. (I've got neck ache - but never mind) My cards are all skewiff - I thought it was my camera but now I think it's my eyes - one is lower on my head than the other - I'm sure!!

Trinka said...

love the idea...awesome looking~

Karen said...

I watched Louise's video the other day but haven't got round to doing one yet: Love your version :)

Barbara said...

I love this wrap card....very nice!!