Monday 4 August 2008

Acetate card

Another of my purchases from Newbury.... I am slowly getting the chance to play with them!! I can't take any credit for the design of this card, I have just replicated the design that was demonstrated by the lovely lady on the Craftworks Card stall. Apologies for the glare, but couldn't suss out how to stop the reflection from the acetate. The front part of the card is acetate, attached to the back card by way of the embossed scalloped strip along the top, which has been colour tinted with VersaMagic in Pixie Dust. The strip along the bottom and square in the middle have also been colour tinted and the greeting - added to the card using ribbon. I have stuck a square and strips of card behind the embossed pieces to cover up the double sided tape. CS - Paper Mill, VersaMagic chalk ink pad, all other items from Craftwork Cards. I am going to have a crack at making the embossed shapes with my Cricut and Cuttlebug embossing folders.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Sam
Fab card, I love it & the rest of your blog too!

I am thinking of starting a closed blog as a meeting place for us sisters. Do you have any thoughts on this? all feedback welcome ;)
Thanks for all the kind comments on my blog
Jane x

Rach said...

gorgeous card, looks like you had fun at Newbury...I went there on the Saturday as well and bought lots of yummy goodies. hugs rach.xx

Annie said...

Fabulous card.

Ann xxx

Karen Brooks said...

Great card!!! I love working with acetate - you did a fabulous job!!!

Erica said...

love it...where did you get the acetate?

Mary said...

Very pretty!!! Nice colors!