Wednesday 20 August 2008

Spring Fling


At least that's what the papers I have used are called! Here is my take on the sketch over at Sketch Saturday this week. I thought it was about time I used my Hanna stamps again, and felt like working with bright colours tonight! After colouring the image with the citrus colours, using Marvys, Gelly Roll and a couple of watercolour pencils I needed to find some papers to go with the colour scheme.... fortunately I remembered somewhere in my stash I had these papers from Blonde Moments - I have them in pink and purple as well, I think they are fab, even got a WOW from my teenage daughter, so can't be all bad.......
I stamped the base card with VersaMark ink to give a watermark finish (you will need to enlarge the image to see this) then played for ages with the various papers deciding which order to put them in! When the card was finished I felt it needed some sentiment, so used the 'Passion for Fashion' stamp from Rubber Romance.
I had hoped to make a couple more cards this evening, but have been having a nightmare, keep smudging them or watercolour running or going over the edges. I really need to find a good quality card stock to stamp onto and feel the need to buy something else to colour in with. All suggestions gratefully received..... lots of you seem to be using Prismacolor pencils or Promarker or Copic pens, there is so much choice out there :-s
Gonna admit defeat for today and head for my bed, busy day tomorrow, going girly shopping with DD after we have been to the RAF careers office - must remember to wear my flat shoes - she can shop for England , I trained her well....LOL. Think I got the best deal as DH is taking the boys and one of their friends to watch cricket at the Rose Bowl.

6 comments:

Ramsey said...

so cute! you have been busy girl! i am loving all the stuff you've done lately!

Jilli said...

Fab card, love the zingy colours!

LOUISE said...

Fab card Sam, love it, the colours are lovely and bright! Louise x

Bev said...

Fabulous card! Love the zingy colours!!

hugs Bev x

Heather said...

Great card, love the papers, the composition and the image.
Hugs xxx

Jo said...

Love the citrus colours!
sorry I wasn't around to comment last week, I was on holiday
Thank you for joining in
Jo xx